Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Shiiiiiittt.... soooo bad today. Not only did I cruelly massacre a gazillion Hershey Kisses after work, but while blogging I'm also making my first order on thinkgeek. I'm already at $30 and that's before shipping...and do these guys charge sales tax? Sheeee-it.
And I found the Neelix cookbook and it'd make such a kickass present for my mom.
And it would add another $23 to my bill.
We don't do presents very often in my family. Too poor to be honest. But this... she'd love it even tho I know damn well she won't cook from it. She adores all things Star Trek. I'm more about Original Series and a fair chunk of Voyager and a few random episodes from other series that reference Original Series. (Also... do not mention the ST reboot.. or I just might kill you)

Altho getting her the book might convince her to turn the damn tv off for a few hours. Ahhh blessed silence! She's a fast reader tho.

And i'd get guilt-tripping rights :D
"Why don't you use the book I gave you?"

Ok...I get.

Also getting myself some goodies! The breathable chocolate for one. And cupcake toothpaste and a sneaky things book so I can someday join Mich in building fun things from household objects xD

Yup they charge sales tax. So all told shipping tax etc I just sunk $64 into stuff I really don't need. But the Star Trek book is a present soooo..... I dunno part of me says I could have gotten more caffeine candy. Ugh.

3 comments:

  1. OMFG THAT SITE IS LETHAL!!1!

    I really want a Serenity model keychain and the caffeine molecule necklace :/ One day when I'm not spending everything on Yarn!

    I'm GMT+12. New Zealand is the first country that gets to see the new day. We got soooooo many Millennium tourists back in 1999, it was unbelievable!

    Lol, my last kitty would bring cicadas inside and they'd make SUCH a racket trying to get away from him D:

    I hope you had a wonderful sunday <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just April 25 :(
    I know, I'm late..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love things I can use to guilt-trip mum. Although they tend to backfire. Like her mother's day gift--I got her that topsy-turvy tomato planter thing and it's been sitting on the kitchen table for 3 weeks. Every time she looks at it, she goes, "so when are we going to plant my tomatoes?", which actually means, "when are YOU going to plant my tomatoes?!?"
    -____-

    ReplyDelete