Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Well I didn't fast yesterday. Didn't want to risk making myself sicker, especially since I did go back to work. That was risky enough. I didn't want to go but I only get 6 sick days a year and i'd already used 3 of them. So I had a 10 hour shift. Might be why I slept nearly 16 hours today. I hate this.
My voice is all hoarse again cuz I talked yesterday. Sounded awful ofc. Even customers would say "oh, I feel nad for asking you a question!"
Ate a whole can of soup when I came home, then just wiped my face with an acne pad and fell into bed. Acne pads aren't the same as washing my face but they're better than nothing.
Guess what else started dec 31st? I rang in the new year with monthly bleeding. Sucks sucks sucks. So I had cramps on top of everything else. Grrrr.

I am not happy right now. I work damn near every day this week. Today was my only real chance to head to school advisor to set up spring semester. Classes start next week. Am starting to wonder if I've just fucked my education past the point of redemption. Still don't know what I want to do with my life. I just know I'm not happy with it now.

I went thru my food cubbyhole and organized all the junk food by expiration date. I hate wasting food. The first batch goes bad in march this year. Next batch in june and the last of it has to be gone by august. I'm hoping this will up my willpower so I won't buy more junk. I can think about the junk food I already have, now that I know exactly what I have. And all that junk food is Christmas items too, and should be savored slowly. It's the only productive thing I've done in a while.
I feel depressed. I hate feeling depressed. My room is a wreck, my laundry needs doing, my sink is clogged up yet again...so much shit I need to get done and I'm just too damn tired. Like all my body's energy is being used to fight off this fucking illness. One of the ladies at work says it sounds like I had strep throat to her. I honestly don't know. Maybe just a really bad cold? I was nauseous a little at first but mostly felt constantly hungry and constantly thirsty and always tired. I had a fever a few times. Massively sore throat and stuffy head but only mild cough with light chest congestion. Very little wheezing. Sickness seems confined to my head and throat. I think those little glands in the neck are puffy. They feel different right now. And sometimes there's small pricks of pain in them when I stretch my neck.
And ofc eat more eat more so your body has strength to fight this off. I feel like such a whale right now. No...whales are healthier than me. They're built to be that bulky. I am not.
I feel huge. My work pants are tight. This sucks. I hate being sick. Now my ears are popping.
And I killed a spider I saw actually on my bed. Fucking gross! Blech! I have got to tidy this rat trap. I don't have the energy! This sucks! Everytime the weather gets wonky I get spiders. I know they're coming in the air conditioner window. Grrr I gotta get that thing outta there. It still works tho. But it's also one of those ancient freon-using boxes. It keeps my room nice and cool but it makes the air smell funny. I dunno...I'm conflicted. I want to keep it until it stops working, but it's so heavy that it's just easier to leave it in all the time.
And birds like to sit on it. Once there was an owl sitting on it. The owl kept staring at me. It was such a cute little owl!
I found some Andes peppermint thins at work yesterday. They'd been clearanced cuz they're an xmas item...how did I miss them? Peppermint thins are the best! Well at least I got one bag this year.
I also found a lil 12oz bottle that says it's coconut water! It was back with the vitamins etc stuff. It was also $2 for the lil thing. I got it anyway, cuz I'm curious.

Off to get a fresh water bottle and stuff my fat and sick face.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, when I'm sick, I find it more helpful to not eat anything. Because that way, my body doesn't have to focus on digesting anything. It can devote all its energy to the task of making me better and re-healthified lol

    ReplyDelete