Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Dear Self,
The Piggy McBingey thing is *over* dammit. Cramping is done with, the painful part is over. Fatigue does suck, but how about napping instead of eating? I got the next couple days off.
....
....
....
And that's what I've done. Slept the day away. Lots of weird dreams, from watching the Virgin Mary argue about how Jesus wanted to be born to a poor family (Joseph was concerned about his ability to provide) and at some point my brain wrote a Voyager episode (wish I could remember it) and then thinking about Samantha's pierced belly button. I was wondering if it was still pierced. Don't they heal up closed if they're not maintained? But I can't think about piercings for long. They make me queasy.

Been looking over my finances. Yikes and more yikes. Even with giving up WoW (sob!) Things are tight. I'm just not getting enough work hours. I average 16 hrs a week now. I guess vacations are done for awhile. Ouch. Much as I hate that job, money is necessary. R suggests I try to drum up more mary kay. But I'm not sure how.

Pros:
I know the product line very well.
I've used it myself since I was 14.
I am regularly assumed to be a good 10yrs younger than I am, so my own face can be used to advertise mary kay line.
I do have a website.
I can process visa, mastercard, and discover.

Cons:
I live in an area of the Rust Belt that was hit pretty hard by the recession.
Mary kay is not cheap.
I don't drive, so I can't go visit customers or deliver their orders.
I can't process american express. (Not without paying an additional $50 a month.)

Hmmmmm.

Foodwise...I slept mos the day. I finished off the half-bag of turkey jerky and had a jolly rancher hard candy and a mini twizzler. Mom is on season 7 so the Voyager obsession will only help me for another day, maybe two. I best take advantage.

I went ahead and got some potassium bicarbonate from amazon. It's not pills, but the reviews show other people were using it as a dietary supplement. Turns out US law forbids pottasium supplements to have more than 99mg per dose. That's a problemt because 99mg is barely 3% what you need each day. I've done prunes and bananas etc before....they tend to go bad before I finish them, especially the prunes. I was looking for something shelf-stable, that won't go bad for awhile. And preferably doesn't require refridgeration.
My drugstore.com and Gnufoods.com orders are going to have to wait. Sadly. I still haven't paid my phone bill for this month and that must come first.
Being poor sucks.

Ok...so I'm broke. How can I turn this into an advantage? I still have some carby things to finish up 3 Nature Valley granola bars (yummy!) And that entire box of fiber one oats & chocolate (uber yummy!) Once those are gone I'll have the safe foods and the chocolate stockpile (must not touch)
And my drink mixes. Have a lot of little Aria cans from that sale before xmas..and still have a can and a half of my Body Fortress. Also have 2 boxes of the glucosamine/chondtrotin drink mix and a handfull of things I wanted to try like a One-a-Day vitamin powder drink mix (not bad) and a vitamin drink mix aimed at diabetics (haven't tried it yet, but is very low carb) I also have a few small cans of lightly salted almonds.
And I just found a box of cheerios.
Yes it's annoying to haave no cup-a-soups and to be low on power crunch. But seriously I should be able to deal. There's a problem with my brain if I can't make it work on what I have left.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand that law.

    The Meds my Nana was on had her Potassium so high she should have dies the first time she blacked out.

    Weird how too much of a good thing is just as bad a thing as not enough of it, ay?

    <3

    ReplyDelete