Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gah! I've got like 10 minutes to spare here. Looking forward to my next days off. When I only get 1 day off I tend to catch up on sleep so I really do need a few days in a row.
R took me to the only gay-friendly lutheran church in my area this past Sunday and I felt so welcome I cried in public. I hate crying in public.
One lady there even gave me her number in case I needed someone to talk to.
I get the feeling this church even knows what it's like having to talk some poor gay kid out of a religion-induced suicide. It's hard to keep living when you've been taught you're going to Hell simply for falling in love.

R had an interesting idea for how to deal with my disaster of a floor. Pack everything in boxes like I'm moving out and then "move" back in. Seems a bit extreme but well...extreme problems often require extreme solutions.

And I gotta go put my happy-wage-slave mask on.
Internet hugs to everyone!

3 comments:

  1. That's great you found that church. And I think it's amazing you haven't given up on your faith, especially with so much hate and intolerance out there. Gets hard sometimes to remember that it's not God who is intolerant; it's the people. :/

    Hope your extreme solution works out! Even if it doesn't, it should make for an interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful you've found an accepting church, I didn't know their was such a place, that's really really wonderful *hug*
    I wonder if that box thing might work for me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you felt so accepted. Hope you're able to catch up on sleep. Btw, I love your blog.

    ~Cora

    ReplyDelete