Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ana Regzig is the author of kickass blog Dying to be Thin. The blog is abandoned...I'm guessing cuz Regzig got caught, poor thing. Anyway it's located at anaregzig.blogspot.com and I still read thru it sometimes.
Also....is it me or is this Bree changing her blog a LOT? Is someone constantly reporting her? Cuz I have gotten long comments a few times now that were basically announcing a new blog. And when I checked it, 3 entries and the 2nd one, the one w the pics, was VERY familiar...like copy-pasted kind of familiar. I don't get it? Is there a backstory here that I don't know about?


Sometimes I think about banning myself from blogger until I get my shit together .... then I realize that not blogging is a huge reason why my shit is not together.
Went to a party at a buffet restaurant tonight. For $10 a plate. So yea....I stuffed myself.
Ugh ugh...just breathing feels tight right now.
I did go to gym beforehand. My bro showed me what he does. And he's done 2 triathlons, so he must have some idea what he's doing.
Ugh I am so stuffed. This level of fullness is really uncomfortable. I definitely understand why some purge it out.....I just can't. The very idea makes me green in the gills. I have always hated throwing up. Painful, disgusting.... I do everything I can to avoid it. If I feel even slightly sick to my stomach, I will not eat. Of course when the feeling-sick comes from being so hungry it turns to nausea, I get into a fun little loop. I don't want to die though, so after the nausea goes away, I'll ttake a bit of milk or something light and gentle like that.
I know milk doesn't go well with everyone's stomach but it seems to calm my stomach.

Currently listening to Vienna Teng song My Medea...or at least that's what it's listed as on youtube. I find the song entrancing. Does Vienna Teng have CDs out? CDs, not itunes. I HATE itunes... or any other "protected" format...here's why.

When my computer crashes/gets infected/ otherwise fucked up...the music doesn't transfer. I had realplayer for a long time but when that computer finally died and I transferred evverything over to a slightly less ancient computer...none of my realplayer files would play. And some of the CDs i'd taken those songs from had been lost or stolen over the years. The realplayer, my backup, was designed to NOT function as a backup! So thanks to "antipiracy software" it is ILLEGAL for me to recover/copy over files that I made from my bought CDs. What the flying fuck.

So when I found this comic, I wholeheartedly agreed:
http://xkcd.com/488/

Ofc I don't actually know enough computer stuff to really pirate....but when a new song shows up in the shared music files, I don't complain..
And now whenever I buy a new CD I have uncle rip it. He knows how to strip the "protection" away and stripping that shit also shrinks the file.
Musicians make their money by selling their music, either as CDs or live performances.
Live performances are bought and paid for per performance, per concert. That's fine.
But when I buy a CD I only want to buy it once. Period. End of discussion.
A CD is not a live performance.

2 comments:

  1. I wondered about Bree myself, 'cause it seems like everyone gets the exact same comments. I thought it might be spam or something.... Idk

    Buffets are evil and wrong.

    I pirate music like a mofo. If I had to pay for all the music I like, I'd probably be bankrupt. :D

    Hope you're having a good Sunday. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i use the dvdsoftware youtube rippy thingy http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-to-MP3-Converter.htm
    basically i paste the youtube link into the thing and then it downloads and converts it to MP3
    i refuse to pay for music if i don't have to and of course the fact that the music i like (japanese rock) is waaay to freaking expensive to buy with the import costs and all

    ReplyDelete