Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

q for mich and any other law types :)

I woke up today with a mass of pain where part of my spine is supposed to be. Scoliosis truly sucks.
Question for Mich and any other legal eagles here (hi)
I used to date a girl who somehow got FMLA leave to apply to her for herself. Do you think it would be worth my time to hunt down the student legal advice office and see if I could qualify for FMLA due to my scoliosis?
And I have no idea what was wrong with the ex-gf, I just know she'd tell me of days when she'd call off work and tell the person to put it under FMLA.
How was she able to do that and is it possible I could too?

There is a legal office here but I don't know where they are, so I'm asking if it's worth hunting them down? Should I bother or do you think i'd be laughed out of the office?
Maybe call on disabilities office first?
I just want options for those days when I'm in so much pain it hurts to take a deep breath.

4 comments:

  1. ugh. my sister had scoliosis. her brace gave her hell. i hope you feel better. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know, I'm so fucking jealous of your copy of Underwood.

    Sorry, I'm kinda braindead today >.<

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey! I'm not in the US however, the legal assistance office should be able to tell you very quickly if you can eligible. The little that I do know about FMLA though, I think you defs can apply. But ya, go hunt down your campus legal eagles and ask em. Shouldn't be too much of a mission! GOOD luck! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know much about that end of the medical/legal stuff (if you had slipped in Macy's or somewhere and injured your back, I could help you....). My sis deals with a lot of that stuff though, so I'll ask her. And Bossman might know; I'll ask him too. :)

    ReplyDelete