Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Why does she make me think so much?!?

Some random stuff since I'm not being a good restricter. Have a laugh at my lack of willpower and read my sad attempts at humor.
No, really, it's ok. I'm laughing and rolling my eyes at my total lack of willpower too.
I intended to hit the gym but woke up with a rock where my back muscles should be. It wasn't hugely painful but I was stiff and basically napped on my Dr Scholl's back massager pillow most of the day.
And then stuffed my face with more peanut butter and M&M covered matzo.
And then some oreos.. and more oreos.

But how can I be mad, sad, annoyed, or anything but amused when i got Kerli's Tea Party vid up and am constantly hitting Play?  Music is my drug.

Was going thru Samantha's Twitter, since it rarely loads on my phone since the update.. and i found this slightly old gem: http://sronson.tumblr.com/post/11431797913/in-between

Once again I find myself adoring this girl. Who here likes their toys??! ME ME ME!!!
it's kinda short, most of her posts are short, probably from the ADD again, so i'll just quote the whole thing like I did last time I referenced her Tumblr.

in between

haven’t posted a blog in a while, not sure if it’s because i’m uninspired or because i watch too much tv… or maybe i watch too much tv because i’m uninspired. i’d like to think that the fact that all the new shows have started is a legitimate excuse- but when i’m watching re-runs of re-runs of chopped that i’ve already watched on the food network i can only assume that either i need to up my meds or i need a new hobby.

the food network has me thinking i’d like to learn how to cook, but what for? the thought of cooking in my own kitchen jumps straight to clean up….. no thank you. also, i never think about food until i’m so damn hungry, mcdonalds seems like the best (fastest) option- i feel like i won’t ever feel like a grown up until i cook for myself, but where do i begin? stouffer’s french bread pizza has been my go to since i moved out of my mother’s house. how does one even go about shopping for one? do they sell single chicken cutlets? yup, breaded chicken and salad dressing is all i’m capable of throwing together. do they sell 2 eggs? buying half a dozen just means 4 will sit in my fridge until i have to throw them away. an expense i don’t need… do they have a class at some school that teaches people how to be grown ups?

i’m 34 years old and i spent a stupid amount of money at a toy store today buying stuff for me. yup. me. sure the toy store was kidrobot and not toys r us, i’m not a total creep… but i like toys, i like video games, i buy bubblicious gum not trident, i bought a bmx not a beach cruiser- my idea of a fancy outfit is a clean t shirt and new converse sneakers- at the same time i listen to pop music and know that the songs aren’t for me, and the tv commercials during “old people” tv shows appeal to me…. yup- vitamins that soothe arthritis pain make me listen a little bit closer and household cleaning items interest me.

i guess i’m trying to figure out where i fit in. i’m too old to be a kid but most of my interests fall within the 12-20 demographic…. i’m pretty sure i’m not the only one- anyone else still collect stickers?
------------------------------ (end quote)

Hmm... shopping for one? Did Erin and Samantha break up already? Sadness. Tho it could also just be that Erin doesn't live at Samantha's house, and just spends the night sometimes. So Samantha would just order takeout when Erin was over.. and Erin of course cooked at her place when Samantha stayed over.
i don't know... I do try to give my fav DJ her privacy. But I couldn't help but notice her phrase there.
Also how she doesn't think of food often has me jealous....but she might not intend it that way since she does admit that she eats once she gets hungry enough.
i also noticed her arthritis joke... poor dear girl.

Besides it's the toy shopping that most amuses me. I don't collect stickers, i collect hair accessories.. and I don't do my hair ^_^
So my small hoard of hair stuff, a mini-hoard, mostly just sits there.
I'm also amused at how bad Samantha is at capitalizing pretty much anything. Not the I's, not the first word of each sentence. Maybe her Shift key doesn't work?
Or she's just that lazy ^_^
And yes... I still adore her.
Sigh.

(Eta: also by her twitter seems she's stopping her usual weekly gig at the Brig in Venice...the last time she left a weekly gig it was because she moved. Is the dear girl moving? Has she found a nice place that'll let her keep Cadillac while also giving her distance from stalker mcstalky lohan? I hope!)

I don't cook either.. can't even make breaded chicken.. she's got me beat there! I'm about at the same level as Charlie Brown. Sad huh? I can make instant mashed potatoes but that's about it. Sometimes i watch the Food swagvids, see if i can learn anything. And the trouble is as soon as I'm not watching the vid the info flows right out of my brain.
Slow learner = Me.
So i also identify with this Samblog... (i wonder how annoyed she'd be at my way of labeling her blogs and pictures etc.. Sampics... Samblogs.... I'm so immature! I don't do "Samsongs" tho.. that just sounds to weird for me... again i'm just that childish)
And who here truly knows where she fits in? Not me! i feel much less awkward here than in the Real World, true enough.. but still not the same as knowing where i fit in the World At Large....
And i'm also getting old. I'm not as old as she is... but I'm close... and I do sometimes feel like I'm wasting my life.. but what would not be a waste of my life?
What the hell does that even mean?
I'm mostly happy... granted I'm poor but I'm also able to find joy in simple things. So long as i stay the fuck away from rich people (including daddie dearest) then i can forget how much i don't have... and be happy.
Granted I don't like my job.. but it's retail. Who likes working ground-level retail? I get along with my co-workers.Most customers like me. I get to let my inner silliness loose during certain times of the year; some customers even look forward to seeing my Halloween getups!
I just hate being on my feet for hours on hard floors, hurts my back, and some "customers" really make me homicidal.. and the retail rules and corporate sales training is often utter bullshit. Those corporate office-dwellers think I'm happy to be a slave for them, working hours they refuse to (you know they don't work holidays) and at really fucking low wages.
So yea.. shit happens and i'd like to at least have a job I enjoy.. but I'm not dodging bullets or anything.
pity those in the armed forces or scraping to survive in Darfur. I'm fine.
So why am I basically encouraged to think I somehow fail at Life?
What is this Goal I'm supposed to aim for?
I must have missed that day in school.

I also found this report on the soon-to-rise price of peanut butter. Cuz the peanut harvest was just that damn awful. Told Mom, but should probably get my own damn ass over to Kroger, and possibly Walmart as well, and get me some peanut butter. It keeps for a good while, doesn't even need refrigeration.
http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/14/markets/peanut_butter_prices/index.htm?hpt=hp_t2

Fave quote is at the very end tho.. heh heh heh....
"Sales may not be so smooth during the looming price crunch. In any case, though, a shift in peanut butter consumption shouldn't make a huge difference to the nutritional quality of most Americans' diets, said Marion Nestle, a nutrition professor at New York University.
"For the average person in America," she said, "it would be a good idea to eat less of almost everything."
---
Yea.. ya think? *pinching my fat buddha belly*

Following links from that story I also found this quote:
The typical American uses 150 gallons of water a day, vs. 23 gallons for someone in China. (source)
Wow... I know America is a damn wasteful nation but hollleeee FUCK that's a huge difference.
Why the hell would a smart person want to imitate us?
Well now i got a reason for reusing my old clothes as much as possible... and for hoarding anything that might be useful.
Why use up all that water making a new item when an old item works just fine?

Hoarding is pro-environment in sooo many ways! :D

Ok.. maybe that's a slight exaggeration. But still a good argument can be made for not throwing away a perfectly functional item just because a newer one has come along.
And that's where technology is the biggest fuckup... these "upgrades" roll out at a pace and in forms that make buying new equipment a requirement. All new gaming systems that are bigger and faster than the old ones. Computers with motherboards that have the CPUs built in such a way that you can't switch stuff out. You have to buy new. And rather than getting a phone upgrade, you buy a whole new phone. And what happens to the old stuff? Landfill? Or worse... thrown directly in a waterway in some "industrial accident" bullshit?
Has anyone noticed how cars don't last as long as they used to?
How the "professionals" reccommend getting new running shoes every 3 months or something? When did that start? When i was young we wore our shoes until they fell apart or we outgrew them.
And as much as i love fashion.. i gotta point the blame there too.
Getting new shoes and handbags simply because The Look has changed yet again. More jewelry, more clothes, more more more.

I share the guilt there.. I do like makeup, and i'm not sure how to recycle the lipstick tubes or eyeshadow pans or any of the cheapie sponge-on-a-stick applicators, my only real effort is that I use quality brushes that should last forever and i try to avoid brands that I think use excessive packaging (see Olay for some prime examples of that).
I may not buy a new wardrobe every 3 months (and even if i could, I doubt i would) but I do sometimes see a clothing article that I just WANT. Do you think my firm commitment to donating functional old clothes to Goodwill etc can balance this out?

And wow I wrote another rambling novel. Think I'll blame it on my fave DJ ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Upgrades me arse. I'll hang on to the old one until it dies. And by that I mean REALLY dies. Like I didn't let go of my old phone until the screen finally went from working sometimes (with the assistance of being smacked against a hard surface) to not working at all ever.

    We're still young--there's plenty of time left to accomplish things. Plus by the time we hit "old age" people will probably be living until like 200. So we have plenty of time. ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete