Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Music is my drug

I can't believe I just finally looked this really fucking talented girl up.

Ok backstory.. Samantha awhile back released a remix of Kerli's Walking On Air and I liked it enough to look up the original.. and I loved that even more.

And now.. tonight.. I finally looked up other Kerli songs.

Holy Shit this girl can SING. She's got a great voice... strong and sure..

And the VISUALS!!! i LOVE her costumes!! Crazy and gorgeous in their craziness.

Remember the tea parties we sometimes do online here?

Kerli's Tea Party well check that out. (obviously am on computer)
Song is bouncy and fun and the repetition doesn't bother me because of all the layering.
and she's got some costumes that I could almost see Mich in.
I also see Geisha hints and even a hint of the Goblin King from Labyrinth. (loved that movie as a kid.. need to hunt it down and rewatch now)

 Love is Dead  
Is another one.. and for some reason Blogger wanted to make this whole paragraph a link so I had to enter a Break. Anyway it's simple visuals, aging CGI stuff, but her voice is showcased and the song's simple beauty is growing on me. it's a depressing one tho.. fair warning.

Of course Walking On Air is also a fave once I found the video.
And can i just say that big walking doll is fucking CREEPY?
i'm gonna have to go thru the whole Kerli VEVO archive now but this'll do for the moment.

I NEED to put Tea party on the Cool Shit page.. cuz that video does just make me smile.

Meanwhile i found other links that could be fun...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2049856/Teach-willpower-Cant-commit-gym-Struggle-stay-diet-The-solution-simpler-think.html

teaching yourself willpower (I got sick of messing with the damn link tool.. sorry)

Still eating too much but reining in the junk food parts. Wanted m&ms soo bad.. and I had them.. but the condition was i had to have them as part of a protein packed matzo and peanut butter sandwich. Matzo is definitely stale but it's ignorable when it's covered in peanut butter and plain M&M goondess.

Yup.. I'm back to where I'm not afraid of peanut butter. The kind I get has 8 grams of protein vs only 7g carbs and that makes it safe to me or something. And milk is nommy for calcium and protein. This is as healthy as I usually eat.. totally gotta go get veggies tho. Why the hell doesn't Mom buy them anymore? She'll only buy "fresh" stuff to make that "fatoosh" of hers.
Umm.... we live kinda far north for any "fresh" veggies to truly be fresh at this time of year. Growing season ended awhile ago. Anything "fresh" now comes from at least a full state south. Probably more like 3 states south.. eeewwwww all that time in a a truck... picked early and sprayed in transit to make it ripen without being attached to the plant EEEWWWWW no way!
Frozen veggies can be flash-frozen right at the picking site.. meaning they can be allowed to ripen right on the vine. And they taste just fine to me. Not as good as the in-season fresh ones I can get when they're available... but frozen tastes just fine and sometimes tastes better than the not-local "fresh" stuff.

Also... Lissy over at http://floralsuicide.blogspot.com/ seriously needs hugs.
It's been years since i had her mindset.. and even now looking back i don't think I ever got that bad.. i was never at Death's door and she truly is.

I think the hardest part of this damn disease is allowing ourselves to believe that we really do have a Right To Live!
So many of us feel like nothing but a burden.
it's hard to just allow yourself to be loved when you fully believe you don't deserve to be loved.
We can't each love ourselves.. we're disordered....but we can love each other. And seems we do. How many blogs have such kind comments! This little community in my experience is totally supportive and concerned.
Now allow ourselves to be loved by each other?
Love DOES live Here.

When you're hurting and feeling alone and possibly suicidal... you need this community.
And if you're one of the few who are blessed with a loving family, and/or perhaps a few extra years of experience and/or medical knowledge...
then the Community needs you.

I really believe that. And it's why I will never leave. Fortunately I'm an adult and functioning well enough that I can't be committed.
Honestly the only thing that threatens my blog is the damn thought police who want to scrub the internet of anything related to our right to Free Speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment