Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

pics of SQUEEEEEEE THANK YOU THANK YOU MICH!!!

Happy Halloween!!! My fave twins were together and Charlotte was a cat, and I'm not sure what Samantha dressed as but she was in mostly white with bits of purple.. and their older brother Mark wore a skeleton suit. Very funny.
link to the pic Samantha posted: http://www.whosay.com/SamanthaRonson/photos/85903

Anyway i have pics of Mich's goodie bag!!
Maybe posting them will keep my mitts out of the leftover candy!

Also.. I'm looking at Sephora.com again -_-

Anyway.... so when Mom brought the mail in she saw this big envelope with my name on it... "what's this?" she asked.
I knew it had to be Mich's bundle. So I said "ooo her present to me arrived!"
"who is sending you presents?"

I tried to explain the awesomeness of Underwood being published and how the author sent a first-come-first-served gift to those who bought her book, (I am careful to only talk about the Amazon link and reviews and Mich's pen name, it's easy to avoid talking about her blog to non-ana peeps) but one of our animals got Mom distracted. But I did tell the title and a review to that cutie i saw last week. I am trying to spread the Awesome! Spread the Awesome at Amazon! i left a review.. did you? ^_^

Anyway I get my hands on the package and i honestly thought "is this a shirt? Feels kinda like a tightly rolled shirt..."
Heeeee was i wrong!

So i opened it.. and was like... "is this fairy dust?"
Because i knew the Mich's Hoard goodie bag and the Goblin Market goodie bag were coming together and i wondered if something from the Goblin bag had been knocked open in transit.

Well... i was about 1/4 right.. something did crack, but it wasn't fairy dust, it wasn't Goblin-related, and it didn't open up in transit.

It was actually just leaking out a bit through the hinge. So long as i keep it upside down it'll be fine. Or I could get an empty sifter jar from Sephora (there I go justifying my shopaholism)
Heehee I've had soooooo many cracked shimmer powders. It just looked like a lot because this shimmer powder is HUGE.

And the bigger they are..... umm.. that doesn't quite sound right but anyway...

So there's my mystery dust.

Moving on.... to the epic.....

OMG OMG OMG SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

A FULL SET of kickass, super-soft brushes. The full necessities here.. powder and blush and concealer and lip and liquid foundation and bronzer and eyeshadow and eyeliner and blender... and a FAN BRUSH!!!

I HAVE A FAN BRUSH I HAVE A FAN BRUSH!!!!

I was seriously thinking about dropping lotsa $$ at Sephora just on a single fan brush because i can't find any at the drugstore haunts.
That's the fan brush at the right side. it is a feather-light touch, LOVE IT!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!! THANK YOU, MICH, I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!

I used my new brushes to apply my sample of Charlotte's Closer finishing powder.. I'll get to that.

And that one huge shimmer powder was the only powder that cracked.. just FYI.. everything else, the smaller shimmer powder, the eyeshadows (so soft!) and the cream concealer that I'll probably use as a cream eyeshadow cuz that's what it looks like on me, and that adorable little vitamin E oil... totally undamaged.
Burt's Bees is the bee's knees.
Ok bad joke.. bad rhyme... but it wouldn't get out of my head.


The Goblin goodie bag came in a too-cute little green paper mini-lunchbox thing. Simply adorable. You can barely see the corner of the Goblin box beside my new brushes above.
My fairy light is pink. I checked my Soul Bottle immediately because mine must be empty. it opened easy and now it's closed and empty. The Locust Man is an asshole! So I had this thing where I had to open it... I'm weird.There's two different Goblin Market currencies (remember how the goblins paid in so many different ways?)




And my personal fave.. those teeny stars. One gold and one blue, just like Thomas and Jayne's.

Here's a super-close-up of the stars and the Soul Bottle, which has got to be the sweetest little bottle i have ever seen.


I adore small things. So cuuute. I still have my old Polly Pocket playsets.. back when she really was pocket-sized!

And I'm loving the detail that went into these. They seriously are little folded ribbons or something.

Oh almost forgot.. the Ronson Closer powder.. yes I'm thinking about getting it. It's not a highlighter.. what it does is do something to how the light hits your face so it always looks as flattering as possible.

For example.. I've got these little creases between my eyebrows, from frowning, and depending on the light those creases can range from barely visible to zomg-get-Botox.
Well the Closer does something with diffusing the light so those creases are always barely visible no matter how the light source is hitting my face.
And that's what it's supposed to do. So yea, I'm strongly tempted. i don't much like the dispenser brush it comes in but i know how to open it and dump it in a sifter jar or something.
And most importantly... Closer does not make my face itch!

Ofc I'm totally ignoring how I'm broke. So between blogging and reading gossip sites i have avoided buying anything thus far.
And now uncle is smoking downstairs again and it's coming up through the floorboards and making my eyes burn.
Nearling midnight.. I have class and work tomorrow. Maybe i'll place an order then... IF I am good and don't shop drugstore crap.
Or I might break down and do it tonight.. I can use my JCP card at sephora.com and i need to check the JCP card anyway... make sure they know i got my new one and check the due date since i put that Ronson sweater on the JCP account.

I'm so bad. But on the very bright side.. I have all the makeup brushes i will ever need ^_^  ^_^  ^_^
Deleting the fan brush from the shopping list now. *small squeeeee*

1 comment:

  1. I got my baggie too!! I gots an old fashioned camera with black and white film!! I'm so freaking excited about that, terrified of wasting my film but excited nonetheless. =D Mich is awesomeness ^.^

    ReplyDelete