Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Actually had to go thru old posts to figure out last "monthly gift". So yea... it does make sense that I feel it coming again. Got all the signs (guy readers may want to skip.. or maybe everyone will)..
Got the retaining water. Am constantly thirsty but don't need to pee. Got the exhaustion and spots and tender tiny breasts. Once the actual red hits then the discomfort is over... just yucky is left. Ugh.. this is the only thing I hate about being female.

Anyway... had too much chocolate last night and crashed off the sugar and was generally exhausted. I slept nearly all day. Thus far only had the last 4 or 5 pieces of poppycock (chocolate lovers ofc) and lots of water. My energy is slowly climbing as the hours go on. Gee... maybe I should eat less sugar... duhhhhh.. moron.
Doing a wee bit of cleaning. Just have to dig out the electric matress pad and change the bedsheets. I know that shivering burns calories... but on me it also causes painful back spasms. And spasms at night keep me from sleeping. I can deal with a spasm during the day. I need my sleep. Low sleep causes weight gain. Shiver during the day if you want. But have a warm comfy bed so you can benefit from the cortisol-lowering effects of a full 8 hours whenever possible.
I am a bit cold right now. My fingernails are pinkish purple. If I get any colder I will get a spasm. Sooo... gotta keep moving :)

2 comments:

  1. Being warmer is better! When you are warm your body speeds everything up so you digest quicker and have a better metabolism.

    When you're cold your body slows everything down to a crawl so it can devote energy to things like shivering. It's not worth it. Overall you burn more calories quicker by being warm.

    [:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?
    Yay.
    *puts on sweater and kint beanie*
    I swear I live with polar bears.

    ReplyDelete