Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Ugh. Wow. So that's the "atkins flu" yea it's not fun.
Breakfast was one egg and one sausage patty and one cup milk. Something there didn't agree with my lil stomach, probably the sausage. I felt vaguely nauseous for most of work shift. I actually had a gray-out (wtf?! Already?) I had dizzy spells and hot flashes (wtf?) Had another spell that was so close to gray-out maybe I should count it as one.
Finally about 3 hours before close I felt actual hunger... but again it was alternating with nausea. I went to food isle and looked for keto-friendly foods (low carb)
And I chose to try some jerky. Never had jerky before. I got one bag of turkey and one bag of beef to nibble on so I wouldn't faint.
And I found a new addiction. Turkey jerky sooooo good... whole 3.5oz bag gone already, as is most of the beef. Also had some cashews. My fave nuts.
At least I binged on foods that fit my plan. Even keto-foods have carbs tho... so I may have undone the ketosis. Dammit.
I do feel much better... one of the atkins lifers said that he thought the "atkins flu" was brought on by dropping sodium levels, because his symptoms faded when he upped his salt. Maybe that's true... jerky has a lot of salt.
I still feel a little headachey but I'm not dizzy and having gray-outs anymore.
Still trying to decide if that's a good thing or not.
It takes an average person 2-3 days to go into ketosis. Those who lift weights, especially heavy weights, can burn the glycogen off fast enough to enter ketosis in as little as 20-24 hours.
So in theory if I do some heavy strength training I can undo this damage faster and get into that ketogenic state. I hope to be in full ketosis by Monday, but I should be in it by tues at the latest. I'm just hoping I can do my at-home strength training Sunday night and push into ketosis Monday. At least I'll be able to hit the gym Monday...finally.
I promised myself that once I get another 10lbs off i'd go back to jcpenney and get that purple I heart ronson dress that I like so much. And the longer it takes to drop that second set of 10, the greater the chance that dress won't be there.
I need to f*cking MOVE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment