Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Research is continuing at a fair pace, considering I've never done this before. The Allure article I mentioned... the lady lost a staggering 60 lbs in just the first month. It did slow down after that but if I understand the article right she still lost an average of 2 or 3 a day. 2 or 3 a day... wow. And a quote from the article about why Sorrenti's method is different (like the fast weight loss somehow didn't make it different?)
"You are giving your body everything it needs to function well."
"You are losing weight not because you are depriving yourself, but because your body has all the right substances"
So... yea... I've been digging up BMR calculators and looking at protein and calcium requirements etc etc. And something called Chronic Metabolic Acidosis. And stuff that is probably all overkill.
I see my perfectionism trying to bite my ass again. Must remember this diet doesn't need to be perfect before I try it.
So according to the BMR formulas my body needs between 1820 and 1870 calories to maintain current weight and function normally.
WHAT?! O_O wow that's a lot. Breathe.... breathe...

Ok..I'm already overweight so that means I must have been eating even more than that. Ok... so let's try a very small reduction of 1800/day. But that's only half the idea. Gonna calorie-cycle. (The famous 2468 diet is an example of calorie-cycling) beginner cycling (me) is some days you do half your regular intake and other days you do a little more than regular/baseline intake.
So.. baseline 1800. (Breathe..) means Burn days are 900... and Eat days are 1900 (oh crap)
Also need to front the calories... no gorging late at night. Always eat some sort of breakfast. Seriously. Wanna know how Sumos eat?

How to eat like a Sumo
1. Skip breakfast because it slows the metabolism.
2. Gorge late in the day.
3. Sleep after you eat.
4. Work out on a starving stomach.
5. Eat socially.

Yea...
Still not sure how much protein I should be taking in. I do want to build some small muscle.. and it's been proven that protein consumption causes fat to burn off while protecting lean muscle. I see my protein powder is gonna be a regular feature. Good thing I like it.
These high cal counts are kinda scary, but at least the cycling brought the weekly total down.
(1900 x 4) + (900 x 3) = 10300. I'll try to do a rough menu that fits this for a week.
I can always shrink it later. I'm already overweight so really... I'm probably already eating more than this and just didn't count it. Bleh.
(Baseline 1800 cals a day x 7 days a week = 12600 cals/week so cycling is better at least)

No comments:

Post a Comment