Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Aaaand more calories = more entry cuz editing old posts is damn hard on my phone. Can really only edit short posts. Had a fistful of cashews. About 10g carbs worth.. maybe 12 ungh... so carbs could be as high as 34 right now. I don't get it... the Twisted bars have more calories than the power crunch. 220 vs 210.. and Twisted has 15g protein vs power crunch 13g. So why does power crunch fill me up so much better?

*looks more closely at wrappers*

Oooohhhhhh.... the diff is fat. Twisted has a whopping 22g carbs but only 8g fat and 6g of that is saturated! Ewwwww!! Saturated ick! Power crunch has a paltry 10g carbs but 13g fat, and only 5g is saturated. Ha! Even tho Power crunch has more total fat than Twisted, Power crunch has *less saturated fat* than Twisted. Looking at ingredients...power crunch has a lot of milk-based parts. I guees that's why the sat-fats are so low in comparison to the total.
And nuts are high in (healthy) fats. I guess that's why the cashews worked. Well... mostly worked. I still get the occasional hunger hint but it's ignorable.

And I am totally having a power crunch for breakfast. Yay power crunch!

2 comments:

  1. No kicking needed! I'll be good, just tell me what I need to do :D
    lol ingredient reading is something I do toooons of, my parents hate taking me shopping for anything packaged because I read and reread everything five times plus before I can make a decision xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you remind me of myself when I'm out food shopping. It can take me up to 3 hours in the Stop & Shop 'cause I'll fill my cart up, read all the labels, compare things against each other, discard some things, pick up more things, and repeat the whole process like 4 times....

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete