Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

reviews

Well I was right about the Fiber One bars. I think maybe I won't be buying them anymore. Too hard to eat just one. And I had such terrible farts all day. Ugh. I just shouldn't buy stuff at work anymore. Not much really healthy food there. It's basically a convenience store (like a gas station without the gas) that wants to consider itself a pharmacy/department store. Seriously. When you press a Help button, the computer announcer doesn't say assistance in aisel__. It says "Customer service in the ____ department"
What department? It's all one room! Pretentious much? Most of what I buy there is junk. I get a decent discount on the Pill Glide and my aspirin. They do have my turkey jerky... when it's actally in stock. But my vitamins and protein powders and my Go Greens and my protein bars etc etc are all bought online. Stop taking money to work and I'll save both money and calories.

Cal count today is 855 not including the one protein shake. 66g carbs tho. Oops.

My drugstore.com order arrived and I tried almost everything. So the rest of this post is gonna be about food. Food reviews of what I had today.

Lipton makes these lovely things called Cup a Soup. And the Spring Vegetable one is a mere 65 cals a serving, and each packet is one serving, 4 packets to a box, each box is $2. Very convenient. Especially for eating in front of others (they don't need to see the cals) there are noodles and bits of carrot easily visible in the soup. My fave flavor is the Creme of Chicken but Spring vegetable has more protein and fewer calories.

Later was a new item. Power Crunch protein energy bars. I got the Triple Chocolate flavor... and I think it's insanely good. It's very much like a giant chocolate wafer cookie. It's cheaper than atkins, tastes better, but does have just a few more calories. Power Crunch-210 vs atkins-200. I'm not concerned about the diff. These power crunch bars taste good and have 13g protein for 10g carbs and no sugar alcohols to make me gassy. The only thing is gotta wait a bit after eating it cuz the texture is so light that you don't feel full right away. Feelings of saiety hit me about 30mins later. Will probably buy these again.

Next up was the protein shake that I dunno exactly how many calories it had. I tried a new arrival, new to me anyway.
Designer Whey Aria women's protein -vanilla flavor. 2 scoops in 8oz water gives 80cal, 14g protein, and only 3g carbs. I had my 20oz blenderbottle not quite full. 4 scoops was for 16oz so the weakness was expected. Add 2 more...still doesn't taste good. Started adding about a half scoop at a time and tasting again. Decided I just must not like the flavor or something.
The powder is very finely milled and dissolves easily. I'll give it that.
Will probably give to mom, or at least take downstairs. I'm already known for using powdered drink mixes especially at work so it's shrugged off as me being weird.

Actually I think a good tip is to have bodybuilder type foods around, and to sometimes be seen eating them. Bodybuilder products give you good protein for your calorie buck and the mental associations with bodybuilders (few people ever suspect them of anorexia) helps keep suspicion away. Easier to say you have a killer metabolism if peeps think you eat the same stuff bodybuilders do. Or at least that's my experience.

Next ...South Beach Living snack pack delights -dark chocolate covered soynuts... ooooo I loved this! 100cal packs. 7 packs in a box... I had 2 over course of day and I will be getting these again.

South Beach Living snack pack delights -energy mix. This is salted nuts, various nuts peanuts cashews almonds.. basically a trail mix without the carby parts. The chocolate is those dark chocolate covered soynuts that I already liked. Had 1. 160cal packs, 5 packs to a box.

Last was a bar called Twisted, all natural energy bar with protein...is what it is called. It's not bad. I didn't taste much peanut or caramel. Maybe that sliver of "nougat" was peanut-ish flavored... but the pretzels were crispy. And the chocolaty coating was sufficiently chocolate-like. I haven't decided if I want to get them again. But they're not bad, especially if you like the sweet-salty combos.

I am hungry right now... it's been 5 hours since the Twisted bar so I'm gonna measure out 8oz of water and try the chocolate Aria. Brb.
2 scoops in 8oz was watery. 3 scoops is better. I stopped at 3 1/2 scoops because of some very mild clumping. It's still a bit watery, with a hint of Ovaltine. (Please tell me I'm not the only person who's tried Ovaltine)
Again the powder is very finely ground and actually mixes best with a spoon in a glass. When shaken in my blenderbottle earlier it actually got foamy, like a milkshake. Haven't decided if I'll get it again. The chocolate flavor I kinda like... maybe I'll play with adding it to milk... or adding a bit to my Body Fortress protein powder.

Aria is normally like $14 for 12oz... yikes! It's on sale right now, almost half off. So I tried it. I won't buy it full price. My Body Fortress powder full price is about $20, sometimes $16... but you get a big 2lb jar for that price. It doesn't dissolve as well as the Aria but the chocolate flavor (what I get) is stronger. If I do like mixing the Aria in then I'll get more soon. I refuse to pay $14 for a mere 12oz can.

And that's my review. Everything mentioned was bought from drugstore.com if you wanna look anything up. Actually I do wanna mention Agrolabs Green Envy... insanely expensive but sooooo good. Like a cross between a vegetable juice and a puree. I like it. Ofc it's better to use a juicer and your own fresh veggies but where I live the plants are dead for the winter and any "frsh veggies" are being trucked/flown in from several states south. So... yea.

G'nite all. I hope me being a guinea pig has helped someone out there :)

3 comments:

  1. hi there, Regzig as in "Dying to be thin Regzig"
    her blog was wonderful, i wonder where she disappeared to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I should look out those soup things... I'm SURE we have an equivalent here, but aye.

    This was a brilliant post! I'd save it in my bookmarks but that would be MOST unsmart so I'll just have to resign myself to... well. Remembering it, lol. Really good tip about the body-builder foods thing, I hadn't actually thought of that. Loads of stuff in here I'll have to try out =]

    But aye, $14 is outrageous for that much product so... aye.

    Anyhoos. Much love and many thanks! <3

    (PS http://bitemebabyx.blogspot.com/2010/11/lick-hobo.html)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW: no mention of Ms Ronson? WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HONOR REGZIG?! ;P

    ReplyDelete