Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

"Breakfast" or rather lunch... since dumbass me slept right thru my alarm again and didn't get up til almost 2pm grrrr...
Anyway had a few cool ranch doritos. So I will be partially blamed for them dissappearing. That's actually a good thing. Then a cup of milk with them (why does the ranch and milk combo make me think of Christmas?)
And the second cup of milk was brought upstairs and I added 2 Aria chocolate scoops.
Aria is a hell of a lot better in milk. Think I might even try one scoop in 8oz milk. I do use 2% after all. I know skim is better but I just hate the taste. Skim tastes plastic-y to me. I'm weird.
I should mention how Aria left a fine powdery film not only on my glass, but also in my mouth I'm used to powdery films from all my powdered drinks... but none of my powders left as visible a film as Aria did.

And just for fun.. I have long wanted those old Pride and Prejudice type hairstyles (fyi the one with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle is far superior to the Kiera Knightly one.)

Anyway so when I read that in those days women only washed their hair about once a week, I tried it.
Ummm... well my hair does stay pinned up very well and with fewer pins. And when *pinned up* it does look kinda nice. But my head itches like hell and my hair smells and is greasy and gross so I think I'll be very grateful that I don't live back then (oh yea, and being gay back then would have been miserable) and I'll just use gel.

I found a hair gel I adore. I'm a white girl with baby fine hair and my fave gel is from the section aimed at black women but don't ever let your skin tone keep you from good hair products. Not all black hair products are oil-based. Most are, but not all.

Long Aid is what I found in the blck section and I love it. It's water based, has aloe vera and panthenol and is completely clear and has a nice clean scent. It moisturizes and washes out easily. I hope work never stops carrying it because I do have a hard time finding it anywhere else.

2 comments:

  1. Skim just tastes like slightly floury water to me, lol. Can't drink it. Can't drink full fat either, it actually feels greasy in your mouth... ew.

    I have a friend who is "anorexic" and only ever buys the full fat shit? Single mum too. Blergh. [/judgemental]

    I'm loving all these reviews btw xD By sheer necessity I pin my hair up like that a lot... you kinda get used to it. If you don't brush your hair then it looks MUCH less greasy too xD

    Much love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate that itchy greasy feeling of unwashed hair!! i get sooo itchy it's ridiculous. and totally agree - colin firth version over keira's any day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete