Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Back on my phone. Well, the monthly bleeding kicked in yesterday and I spent most of the day sleeping. And slept through the night. Still could sleep more. That's just how periods affect me.

Wanted to wave at K, and yea I totally agree about kate on super skinny me. Kate's the one who did the anorexic thing, and honestly when I first saw that show I thought her "method journalism" thing was really strange. I thought journalism was about faithfully telling someone else's story? It does seem to me like kate thought this experiment was the perfect excuse to deliberately try to develop an eating disorder. I was offended. It made eating disorders look like a choice. The first "diet" kate tried was master cleanse/lemonade. And then the extreme detox centers, and the detox lady even said that detoxing for weight loss wasn't the normal motivation. Kate deliberately aimed for the most disordered behavior she could. It was very offensive.

Louise is the one I really paid attention to. She did the watercress soup fad for a bit but most of the time she seemed to be on fairly sane diets. She cut her calories and upped the workouts. While kate was on master cleanse Louise was eating 1500 a day and burning 1000 in workouts. Then the watercress nonsense and then the protein diet that she stayed on for the rest of the experiment. And her body really changed even though her weight loss was slow. I think she actually turned some of her fat into muscle. And that's a really hard thing to do.

I looked up the kekwick diet baby sis said she was gonna try. It's a ketosis diet in that it's very low carb. But where atkins says go high protein, kekwick says go high fat. You focus on healthy fats like fish and nuts and avocados. Meats and dairy are ok. Kekwick foods are basically the atkins fooods, as protein and fat tend to come together naturally. Ofc if you buy those food bars and meal replacements etc then protein and fat might not be together. But in nature, in natural foods, protein and fat like to run together.

Looks like I may have picked up a few new readers. Hiiii! So I wanna point out that I don't have a younger sister with an eating disorder. "Baby sis" is my nickname for Starving Artist. She posted a pic on her blog and she looks sooooo much like a younger (and shorter heh heh) version of me that I claimed her as my baby sis and now I gleefully nag her and pick on heer about stuff that is none of my business ^_^

Maybe I'll say I'm dieting with her. I'm not doing kekwick but they're both lipolysis/ketosis diets. I dunno. I do need to go make my protein shake lunch tho. Kinda slept thru breakfast. Byeeeeeee.

1 comment:

  1. That was really interesting, Louise, dropping... four and a bit dress sizes, I think, to get into those size 4/0 jeans... she looked great when she finished too! Although I must admit, as much as she pissed me off, I looooved Kate's legs in those jeans... she was at the top of the stairs in a restaurant and was examining her thigh gap or something? I was like... asdfghjkl XD

    I might try a ketosis thing... I'm a vegetarian though, and pretty strict about it, so it'd be hard =\ I might buy some protein powder and just live off that for a few weeks XD Kick-start some muscle building!

    ReplyDelete