Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gah! Gack! Ack!
I need to burn my credit cards and glue my mouth shut! What a total fail of a day!.
The protein shake did rock... but when dinnertime finally came and I was actually hungry again.... ma got pizza! 3 meat pizza! I had 3 cheesy fatty greasy slices! With ranch doritos. At least I had milk instead of pop! And then the chips ahoy? Fail fail fail!

And that's not all. Oh no. I blew another $60 on drugstore.com AND I bought those rubber duckie tea infusers. And when I saw the shipping cost was a flat rate... I decided to order 3! Maybe I'll send one to Ms Ronson? I vaguely remember her mentioning a tea place on twitter or something, but I think she prefers iced tea. I know she's not much a coffee fan.

And on. Drugstore.com I got some plum organics babyfood to try (yea I'm gonna go there... I'm curious) and after I hit Purchase I noticed that I could have gotten a discount if i'd ordered more. Gah!
I also got another can of the chocolate Aria. I guess my subconcious likes it. Or my brain is malfunctioning.
Also picked up a bar of Lava soap. I swear... ever since I got off birth control... I have such a b.o. problem. I start smelling like onions right out of the shower. Not even 2 minutes. I got Degree, Secret, various Clinical Protection versions. Antibacterial soap. Even started wiping the underarms with rubbing alcohol. Lava soap is supposedly super heavy duty. Ingredients looks like it's got pumice in it. Well it'll be good for exfoliating if nothing else. And it was cheap.

But I really need to *stop spending money dammit*.

Oh.. I also got some Frownies xD even got the lil "rose water" bottle that Frownies claims to work best with.
All this $$ spent and I didn't even get the Buddy Fruits yet! Bad Honor!!

So yea...I'm pissed at myself for a number of reasons. I also did a bit of reading on that master cleanse... and I don't think there' much science behind it. Maple syrup is just a natural sugar, probably to cut the sour taste of the lemon. Lemon does fuck all. The cayenne does have some science. It does give a short, temporary calorie-burn boost, small one.. and water is obviously a good thing. Ofc the master cleanse guy is all about getting the *right* maple syrup etc... which he just so happens to sell. Scam?
Anyway I do like the idea of a cleanse. And some foods do have anti inflammaory properties and antioxidants etc. I just don't think the master cleanse is worth a penny.
My poor-girl cleanse is half a Go Greens packet with honey, cinnamon and a pinch of chili powder in water. Dunno if my chili powder has cayenne (doesn't say) but it does give me a lil kick. Placebo effect? Maybe. I just know that those pants are tighter than they were last night and this drink seems to help me.
Btw I looked up Detox #2 from pressedjuicery that Ronson is doing and it's pineapple, pear, ginger and mint. I do remember reading about the ginger (something about easing digestion) the pineapple and the mint, but no clue about the pear.
Sounds like it would taste a damn sight better than the master cleanse!

3 comments:

  1. Ginger is good, I read in a magazine that you're supposed to drink a cup of ginger tea to help the meatabolism.
    Copy and Pasted it off my page for ya
    4. Metabolism Push
    Biochemists have found: The essential oils in ginger, increase the body temperature and increase energy consumption. The lipid metabolism runs faster by up to 25 percent - and that for hours. Tip: Three times a day drink 1 cup of unsweetened hot ginger tea after eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg those tea infusers are soo cute! this is the exact reason i am waiting as long as i can to get a credit card. i signed up for pay pal the other week and am now looking at all the treadmills and bikes on ebay. master cleanse is the ultimate of disgusting. that detox sounds alright though. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemon is yummy and makes your tummy hurt? >.>

    And way-hey, impulse buys. I'm a sucker for flat shipping, man xD But oooh, you could have like... one infuser for each type of tea you want to drink in a day? That'd be fun? <.<

    ReplyDelete